Our DIY Studio makes it easy to be creative. We provide the materials, tools, support, and camaraderie to allow you to make meaningful gifts and keepsakes, or just scratch that Pinterest itch.
The studio is open without appointment several times during the week. Check our calendar for specific schedule.
During open studios, select your craft from our custom made craft kits or do your own thing using our tools and supplies. We carry crafts for every skill level along with children's crafts.
How it Works
- Show up during open studio times, or call ahead to reserve time for a small group.
- Sign-in on our clip board
- Choose a craft kit or opt to invent your own thing using our supplies (bringing your own project is only allowed during project completion events).
- Sign-out and pay for your time, kit, and any supplies. If you didn't finish your project, we can store it for up to 30 days. Items that need to dry can be left and picked up later.
What it Costs
If you choose from one of our pre-planned projects, you just pay for the cost of the project. Projects typically run $5 - $25.
If you prefer to do your own thing, we charge a studio fee of $5 for the first 30 minutes, then $2.50 for every 15 minute increment beyond that. Other supplies are available a la carte. You'll be given a sheet to track these, so you can keep an eye on your budget.
What's included in the Studio Fee
- use of all our tools (Dremels, wire cutters and jewelry tools, hammers, screwdrivers, paint brushes, clay tools, scissors, glue guns, drill, etc.)
- glue, mod-podge and assorted paints within reason (the amount of glue needed for making slime would cost extra)
- crayons, markers, colored pencils
- rulers, paper cutter, paper punches, stencils
- coloring pages from our variety of coloring books
- white paper and scrap paper
- hand-sewing supplies
- use of sewing machines (standard, not serger)
- iron and ironing board
- lap weaving looms
- use of toaster oven for baking clay
- recycled items (such as bottles or toilet paper rolls)
What other materials are available?
It's impossible to list everything, however here's a sample
- Scrapbook, decoupage, origami, and other specialty paper
- Magnet sheets, self-laminating sheets
- Shells, sea glass, driftwood
- Marbles and flat marbles
- Bamboo sticks, assorted wood planks and dowels
- Wood shapes, clothespins, wooden embroidery hoops
- Paper mache boxes and figures
- String, hemp cord, leather cord, twine, ribbon, rope, lace
- Yarn, crochet hooks
- Small craft fabric, thread, hand-sewing accessories
- Beads, buttons, jingle bells
- Shadow boxes, picture frames
- Mason jars, small bottles
- Mini clay pots, galvanized buckets, and metal tins
- Ceramic tiles
- Sculpey oven bake clay
Upcoming Open Studio Dates/Times
Fri. Nov 10th, 6pm-9pm
Sat. Nov 18, 1pm-8pm
Fri. Nov 24th, 6pm-9pm
Sat. Nov 25, 1pm-8pm
Sat. Dec 2, 1pm-8pm
Tue or Fri daytime by appointment
($50 minimum, or 3-4 people)
Featured November & December Projects
All projects can be customized with different paints, papers, foliage, ribbons, etc.
8x8 wood sign, with a variety of colored wood stains, words, and embellishments - $20
5x7 wood planter, with a variety of wood stains, mini succulents and sand - $22
Pine cone dangle, customize with beads and wood shapes- $15
Ongoing Projects (Always Available)
Alcohol Ink Tiles, outlet/lightswitch covers, or glass pendant - $4 each or 3 for $10
8-9 inch Dream Catcher - choose cord color, feathers, and beads - $18
Wire-wrapped Garden Dangles - $14 (makes one with hoop and several smaller)
Mini Herb Garden - paint buckets, embellish with wood shapes, plant herbs. 3 for $18
Leaf Prints and Mini Easels - Set of 4 canvases and 4 easels for $20