Our DIY Studio makes it easy to be creative. We provide the materials, tools, support, and camaraderie to allow you to make meaningful gifts and keepsakes, or just scratch that Pinterest itch.
The studio is open without appointment several times during the month. Check our calendar for specific schedule and any special themes. For the month of January, drop-in crafting is on Friday and Sunday afternoons.
We offer a changing menu of craft projects each month - some seasonal, some not. There are options for a variety of interests and ages, though typically our studio is geared towards ages 6 and up.
How it Works
- Show up during drop-in crafting hours, or call ahead to reserve time for a small group. Most projects take at least an hour (some more), so no entry after 1 hour before closing.
- Sign-in on our clip board
- Choose your project. We'll help you gather needed supplies and tools.
- Sign-out and pay for your project. If you didn't finish your project, we can store it for up to 30 days and you can return another day to complete it. Items that need to dry can be left and picked up later.
What it Costs
Projects on our craft menu are assigned a flat project cost that includes all the supplies and tool usage that are typically needed to complete that craft. Also included is the amount of studio time typically needed to complete the project (generally 1 to 2 hours). Occasionally, a crafter will desire to use additional materials that are over and above the project cost or take additional time to complete. In this case, some material upgrades or enhancements are available a la carte and additional studio time can be purchased at $2.50 for each 15 minutes.
So, total cost is determined by:
project cost + extra time + a la carte items
These tools and supplies are included and not charged extra
- use of all our tools (Dremels, wire cutters and jewelry tools, hammers, screwdrivers, paint brushes, clay tools, scissors, glue guns, drill, etc.)
- glue, mod-podge and assorted paints within reason (the amount of glue needed for making slime would cost extra)
- crayons, markers, colored pencils
- rulers, paper cutter, paper punches, stencils
- coloring pages from our variety of coloring books
- white paper and scrap paper
- hand-sewing supplies
- use of sewing machines (standard, not serger)
- iron and ironing board
- lap weaving looms
- use of toaster oven for baking clay
- recycled items (such as bottles or toilet paper rolls)
What other materials are available?
It's impossible to list everything, however here's a sample
- Scrapbook, decoupage, origami, and other specialty paper
- Magnet sheets, self-laminating sheets
- Shells, sea glass, driftwood
- Marbles and flat marbles
- Bamboo sticks, assorted wood planks and dowels
- Wood shapes, clothespins, wooden embroidery hoops
- Paper mache boxes and figures
- String, hemp cord, leather cord, twine, ribbon, rope, lace
- Yarn, crochet hooks
- Small craft fabric, thread, hand-sewing accessories
- Beads, buttons, jingle bells
- Shadow boxes, picture frames
- Mason jars, small bottles
- Mini clay pots, galvanized buckets, and metal tins
- Ceramic tiles
- Sculpey oven bake clay
Upcoming Drop-in Crafting Dates/Times
Fri. Feb 2nd, 11am-5pm
Sun. Feb 4th, 1pm-8pm
Fri. Feb 9th, 11am-5pm
Sun. Feb 11th, 1pm-7pm
Fri. Feb 16th, Kids Day Camp
Sun. Feb 18th, 1pm-7pm
Fri. Feb 23rd, 11am-5pm
Sun. Feb 25th, 1pm-7pm
Other days/hours by appointment
Want to bring a small or large group for some private crafting? Contact us to arrange.
Featured February Projects
Stenciled Wood Signs and Trays - Various sayings and sizes from $18 - $45
Metal Stamped Jewelry - $8 per necklace or bracelet
8-9 inch Dream Catcher - choose cord color, feathers, and beads - $20
Mini Herb Garden - paint buckets, embellish with wood shapes, plant herbs. 3 for $18
Pokemon Fabric Pouches - beginner sewing machine project - $10
Slime - $10 per batch